FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5741 Discussions

Cyclone 10 GX ASMI Parallel IP debug

jlats2
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am attempting to implement the ASMI Parallel IP on my Cyclone 10 GX. I am able to perform sector erases and reads just fine (I can erase everything and read back all FF's).  However when I attempt to perform multiple page writes, I see my busy signal being asserted as soon as the I attempt to shift in new bytes.  Below is a sketch of what I am seeing on signaltap:

jlats2_0-1634303855298.png

Based on the datasheet, I do not believe that I should be seeing the busy signal go HI until I assert the write signal. I have the en4b_addr always asserted as I always want to be using 4 byte addressing. My first question is, could having en4b_addr  set to HI be causing the IP to beleive that I am enabling en4b_addr  as opposed to shifting in pages (data_in)?

Furthermore, should I be enabling en4b_addr once, or before every page write operation?

The user guide that I have been referencing is here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_altasmi_parallel.pdf

My Flash Memory chip is here: https://media-www.micron.com/-/media/client/global/documents/products/data-sheet/nor-flash/serial-no...

Thank you very much for any assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jlats2
New Contributor I

Responding to myself for the benefit of future readers:

Do not leave the pin high. Strobe en4b_addr once, possibly during your boot up process, and keep it low.

If you have en4b_addr  HI when you attempt to perform a shift, the en4b_addr command appears to be set in preference over shift operations.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jlats2
New Contributor I

Responding to myself for the benefit of future readers:

Do not leave the pin high. Strobe en4b_addr once, possibly during your boot up process, and keep it low.

If you have en4b_addr  HI when you attempt to perform a shift, the en4b_addr command appears to be set in preference over shift operations.

View solution in original post

NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in response as I just receive notification today.

Thank you for sharing with us your answer. If this case has been solved, I will proceed to close this ticket.

Regards,

Aiman

jlats2
New Contributor I

No worries, thank you for your response.