FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

Cyclone III DDR2 HPCII burst problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

Currently I have some problem of utilizing HPCII burst. My configurations are listed below: 

PLL reference clock frequency: 75MHz 

Memory clock frequency: 150MHz 

Controller data rate: Half 

Local interface clock frequency: 75MHz 

Local interface width: 128 bits 

Total memory interface DQ width: 32 bits 

Memory burst length: 8 beats 

Controller architecture: HPCII 

Local-to-Memory Address Mapping: CHIP-ROW-BANK-COL 

Local Maximum Burst Count: 16 

I wrote the Avalon-MM master local side control logic by myself, and it has output of local_burstcount[4:0], which should match "Local Maximum Burst Count: 16" on HPCII side. When I connected my Avalon-MM local side master with HPCII in SOPC builder and generated Verilog simulation model, I observed that in the arbitrator generated by SOPC builder, it always set the burst count to 1 instead of connecting local_size[4:0] port of HPCII to local_burstcount[4:0] port in my Avalon-MM master: 

//burstcount mux, which is an e_mux 

assign altmemddr_0_s1_burstcount = 1; 

Due to the above assignment, my HPCII local_size[4:0] is always 1 no matter what value is assigned on my Avalon-MM master local_burstcount[4:0] output. Therefore, there's no local burst on HPCII. How can I fix this problem and enable a local burst of value greater than 1? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did anybody encounter this issue?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you sure your Avalon-MM master interface works at the same frequency as your memory?