FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

Cyclone V (5CGXFC7D7F31C8) DDR2 SODIMM UniPHY Controller, example project compilation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

I generated controller (DDR2 UniPHY) for Micron DDR2 MT16HTF51264HZ 4GB SO-DIMM module. The FPGA is Cyclone V 5CGXFC7D7F27C8. Right now I try to compile example_project that was generated together with the IP megafunction. After I run Synthesis&Analysis and then run *.tcl script for pin assignments compilation of the whole project is successful. 

But then I want to assign pins and check if my assignments are correct. I know that DQ, DM, and DQS pins have to be connected to the DQDQS groups. I connect the whole memory interface to the bottom of the device. In documentation I found information that on the bottom there are 10 DQDQS groups. So I connect DQ[7..0], DM[0], DQS[0] to the first group and so on. 

When then I try to compile the example_project with my pins assigned I got an error: "Error (175001): Could not place global clock driver ddr2_ctrl_example_if0:if0|ddr2_ctrl_example_if0_pll0:pll0|pll_afi_clk~CLKENA0" 

Can You tell what do I do wrong? Do I miss something? Is it possible to compile the whole design without any pins assigned and then back-annotate the device to see which pins are suggested by fitter to be used? 

Regards!
0 Kudos
0 Replies