FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

Cyclone V and FIR compilers...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all 

I'm updating a DSP Builder Standard design that uses FIR megacores.  

Classic FIR compiler doesn't support Cyclone V and DSP Builder 13.1 doesn't support FIR II compiler (catch-22?) That is, if I set Cyclone V family in Signal Compiler block, 

FIR megacore block doesn't compile even if I set Cyclone IV E in FIR megacore family menu.  

How can I use FIR II megacore in DSP Builder? Generating the core in QII and using VHDL import block in DSP Builder? Are there any plans to include FIR II support in DSP Builder? 

Thanks In Advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all 

I'm updating a DSP Builder Standard design that uses FIR megacores.  

Classic FIR compiler doesn't support Cyclone V and DSP Builder 13.1 doesn't support FIR II compiler (catch-22?) That is, if I set Cyclone V family in Signal Compiler block, 

FIR megacore block doesn't compile even if I set Cyclone IV E in FIR megacore family menu.  

How can I use FIR II megacore in DSP Builder? Generating the core in QII and using VHDL import block in DSP Builder? Are there any plans to include FIR II support in DSP Builder? 

Thanks In Advance. 

--- Quote End ---  

FIR Compiler II calls DSP Builder Advanced Blockset under the hood. The Advanced Blockset already contains sophisticated Model IP blocks for single rate and multi rate FIR. So there is no need to call a FIR compilers, just instantiate a Model IP FIR block from the Advanced Blockset Library. You are welcome to mix and match Standard and Advanced Blockset Libraries according the guidelines specified in the DSP Builder Handbook.
0 Kudos