FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5787 Discussions

CycloneV PLL and PLL reconfig simulation

AGofs
Novice

I've generated PLL and PLL_reconfig function with Quartus18.1.

The PLL receives 20 MHz and sends out 25 MHz. I want to change the frequency of the outcoming signal from 25 MHz to 50 MHz.

I'm new with CycloneV and with Quartus18.1

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AGofs
Novice

I cannot implement simulation not in Model-Sim nor in Native Link.

N.B. I've read AN-661. Is it necessary to use AVALON-MM?

AGofs
Novice

Good evening,

I still have a problem with simulation.

When I'm trying to simulate Altera PLL and Altera PLL Reconfig Mega-Function via Native Link I'm getting the following error:

AGofs
Novice

# ** Error: (vcom-7) Failed to open design unit file "C:/Alex/my_designs/18_1/PLL_reconfig/PLL_reconfig_001/cycloneV/PLL_RECONFIG_20_25.vho" in read mode.

# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

AGofs
Novice

Indeed, there is no such a file. But I have get PLL_20_25.vho for Altera PLL Mega-Function, and PLL_RECONFIG_20_25.hdl for  Altera PLL Reconfig Mega-Function. Why file . vho doesn't generate for  Altera PLL Reconfig Mega-Function?How can I control it? When I'm trying to simulate the design via Model-Sim10.5B, then no waveform generated by Altera PLL before reconfig and after reconfig.

JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @AGofs​ 

I would suggest that you view the following how-to videos to simulate your design via Nativelink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZNL1C0TwY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmVVXQchv2c

AGofs
Novice

Hi JwChin,

thank you for your replay.

I've simulated my projects (include PLL dynamic phase shift) via Native-Links many times .

The question is another: in order to simulate via Native-Link , Quartus shall produce xxx .vho file for Altera PLL Reconfig Mega-Function.

But it doesn't.

The file xxx.vho Altera PLL Mega-Function has been generated Instead.

why? Is it wrong? How can simulate frequency reconfiguration on CycloneV?

AGofs
Novice

Hi JwChin,

I found the way to execute simulation directly via ModelSim-10.1.

I think, you can close the case. :-)

JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

@AGofs​ I am delighted to hear that. Closing the ticket.