FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

DDR2 UniPhy OCT

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using DDR2 Uniphy and get an Error on calibrated OCT: 

I run tcl after synthesis and tcl run successfully as qsf updated, for instance DDR IO constrained properly : 

"set_instance_assignment -name IO_STANDARD "SSTL-18 CLASS I" -to DDR2_DQ 

[*]set_instance_assignment -name INPUT_TERMINATION "PARALLEL 50 OHM WITH CALIBRATION" -to DDR2_DQ 

[*] -tag __mtx_st820_mem_if_ddr2_emif_0_p0 

set_instance_assignment -name OUTPUT_TERMINATION "SERIES 50 OHM WITHOUT CALIBRATION" -to DDR2_DQ 

[*] 

I get the following error: 

"Error (174068): Output buffer atom "mtx_st820:mtx_st820|mtx_st820_mem_if_ddr2_emif_0:mem_if_ddr2_emif_0|mtx_st820_mem_if_ddr2_emif_0_p0:p0|mtx_st820_mem_if_ddr2_emif_0_p0_memphy:umemphy|mtx_st820_mem_if_ddr2_emif_0_p0_new_io_pads:uio_pads|mtx_st820_mem_if_ddr2_emif_0_p0_altdqdqs:dq_ddio[0].ubidir_dq_dqs|altdq_dqs2_ddio_3reg_stratixiv:altdq_dqs2_inst|extra_output_pad_gen[0].obuf_1" has port "SERIESTERMINATIONCONTROL[0]" connected, but does not use calibrated on-chip termination" 

Why I getting this ERROR? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have you tried setting OUTPUT_TERMINATION "SERIES 50 OHM with CALIBRATION" instead? Your bidir DDR2_DQ have parallel termination with calibration during input, yet during outputs it doesn't use it.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, but I have tried and still getting the same errors...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you check if the assignments are ignored under Ignored Assignments?