FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

DDR3 memory controller Termination calibration error.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I am using DDR3 memory controller generated with UniPhy IP core, for Cyclone V device. 

I have selected 'No sharing' mode for OCT sharing option. Also connected oct_rzqin port to the input pin. 

But tool issues the following error when I run Analysis & Synthesis. 

Error (15700): Termination calibration block atom "ddr3_mem_controller:DDR3_CONTROLLER_BOT|ddr3_mem_controller_0002:ddr3_mem_controller_inst|altera_mem_if_oct_cyclonev:oct0|sd1a_0" uses RZQIN port, which must be connected to a dedicated I/O atom with no other fanout 

From the error message I undestood that oct_rzqin port should be connected to the dedicated I/O pin. But I have added pin lock constraint for these pin in my qsf file. I have no idea why still tool issues this error. Looking for the help from here. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not sure what you mean by a "pin lock constraint" (a pin assignment in the Pin Planner?). In any case, if you make a pin assignment for the OCT, it must be to one of the dedicated RZQIN pins of your particular target device. Check your device's handbook to see which dedicated pins are available for this function or do a pin search in the Pin Planner.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks sstrell.. I had assigned wrong pin to RZQIN port. It was solved when I assigned the dedicated pin.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I could solve the above error by assigning the dedicated pin for RZQIN port. But I am facing following errors during fitter. 

Error (174052): I/O "io_bot_mem_dq[0]" has dynamic termination control connected, but does not use parallel termination 

Error (174052): I/O "io_bot_mem_dq[15]" has dynamic termination control connected, but does not use parallel termination 

Error (174052): I/O "io_bot_mem_dqs[0]" has dynamic termination control connected, but does not use parallel termination 

Error (174052): I/O "io_bot_mem_dqs[1]" has dynamic termination control connected, but does not use parallel termination 

Error (174052): I/O "io_bot_mem_dqs_n[0]" has dynamic termination control connected, but does not use parallel termination 

Error (174052): I/O "io_bot_mem_dqs_n[1]" has dynamic termination control connected, but does not use parallel termination 

It seems like fitter is giving this error for all the Inout ports of DDR3 memory interface. What does this error mean? What is causing this error to appear?
0 Kudos
srinivasan
Beginner
Hi,
I am also getting the same error...can you please me how you rectify the error..
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to add a parallel termination assignment on the I/O pins to work along with the OCT.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You need to add a parallel termination assignment on the I/O pins to work along with the OCT. 

--- Quote End ---  

How to add parallel termination assignment on I/O pins?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Pin Planner or Assignment Editor.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Perhaps you need to run the pin assignment ticker script. 

go to tools, tcl_scripts... select <>_pin_assignments.tcl and click run. 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos