FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5750 Discussions

DMA Controller in burst + Avalon MM PCIe results in data corruption.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I am having some trouble with Stratix and the DMA Controller in Burst mode and the Avalon MM PCIe bridge. 

When I start a 4k byte transfer with a SRC address of 0x****_9910 and DEST address of 0x****_A910 ... where the DMA controller is performing a DDR -> DDR move in the RC, I get unpredicable results. DMA controller is set for 4k burst length and Doubleword transfers. 

One failure is the last part of the DMA is not written to the desination buffer. ( see attachement ) 

One failure is wrong data written around the 4k boundary crossing. 

If I start at address of 0x****_9900 and cross the 4k boundary the test passes .  

If I start at address of 0x****_9910 and do not cross the 4k boundary the tests passes. 

Does any one know if the Avalon PCIe bridge has to have certain address when a burst transfer crosses a 4k boundary ? 

Thanks, Bob. 

Also: I can't find the logic that performs the 4k boundary crossing ( ie splits a transaction into two transactions to avoid crossing the 4k boundary ) Could that logic reside in the Hard PCIe IP ?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I am looking at reproducing on an X86 Platform ... any advice on the driver to use and C compiler to use for running on X86 PC ?