FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

DSP Builder Simulink Errors

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i have quartus ii 9.0 web edition and matlab r2008a. recently i installed dsp builder v9.0 successfully. but when i try to add dsp blocks i get errors like this: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

"error in block : untitled/altbus 

java exception occurred:  

java.lang.illegalargumentexception: no enum const class com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.extendeddirection.ä°nport 

at java.lang.enum.valueof(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.extendeddirection.valueof(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.templates.blockxmlparser.addporttoblock(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.templates.blockxmlparser.createblock(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.templates.blockxmlparser.getblocktemplate(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.blockfactory.getblocktemplate(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.blockfactory.getblocktemplate(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.factory.createblock(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.model.createblock(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.cache.createblock(unknown source) 

at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.mask.init(unknown source)" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

also when i try to modify these blocks i always get s-parameter errors like this: 

"s-function parameter count mismatch. s-function sinout in singen/sinin is expecting 0 parameters while 8 were provided in the dialog box." 

i searched over internet and found nothing. also the previous threads (...alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4974) about s-parameter error hasn't solved yet. i think dsp builder has compatibility issues and unstable.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

i have quartus ii 9.0 web edition and matlab r2008a. recently i installed dsp builder v9.0 successfully. but when i try to add dsp blocks i get errors like this: 

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

[I]"Error in block : untitled/AltBus 

Java exception occurred:  

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.ExtendedDirection.Ä°NPORT 

[/B] 

--- Quote End ---  

The Ä°NPORT part of that error message looks suspicious to me. This error was previously reported in http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4974 (http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4974) but the reporter didn't respond much further. 

I'll repeat the question I asked then: 

--- Quote Start ---  

The forum is mangling the text a little bit, so I'm not sure. Where it says "No enum const class com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.ExtendedDirection .INPORT", on my screen the "I" is coming up as either Ä° or if I change the encoding to an I with a dot above it. Either way this is not good. 

Can you confirm exactly what the text looks like on your screen. Try manually adding spaces in between each of the words separated by full stops - this should stop the forum doing its own thing. 

--- Quote End ---  

I wonder if the problem isn't a language/encoding problem. Is your computer configured for languages other than English? Also can you tell me what the MATLAB command "slCharacterEncoding" returns? 

--- Quote Start ---  

Also when I try to modify these blocks I always get s-parameter errors like this: 

"S-function parameter count mismatch. S-function sInOut in singen/SinIn is expecting 0 parameters while 8 were provided in the dialog box." 

--- Quote End ---  

This is just caused by the original error. If we fix that, this will go away.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is shown as " Ä°NPORT " with this strange character Ä° at the beginning. Yes my computer is configured in Turkish and the "slCharacterEncoding" returns windows-1254. So yes it can be an encoding problem. I hope you have an idea to fix this and I can answer any other questions if you ask. 

Thanks, 

isumairu
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've just switched my computer to Turkish using Control Panel and have replicated your problem. The good news is there's a workaround: switch your computer to not turkish. The bad news is that's all I can suggest. You'll have to wait for the tool to be released with a fix for this. 

This appears to be the cause of the problem: http://java.sys-con.com/node/46241 (http://java.sys-con.com/node/46241)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I've just switched my computer to Turkish using Control Panel and have replicated your problem. The good news is there's a workaround: switch your computer to not turkish. The bad news is that's all I can suggest. You'll have to wait for the tool to be released with a fix for this. 

This appears to be the cause of the problem: (...://java.sys-con.com/node/46241

--- Quote End ---  

Switching language is very disturbing because of Turkish keyboard but yes it is absolutely the reason of this bug and there is no solution yet. So nothing much to do. Thank you very much for your help. 

isumairu
0 Kudos