FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

DSPIP_RECIPES.DLL is missing in 18.1

WGith
Beginner

We migrated from 18.0 to 18.1 and one of the Multiply IP blocks fails to upgrade automatically. When we try and manually upgrade we get the message that dspip_recipes.dll is missing and in fact bvetween 18.0 and 18.1 the file is now gone. What do we do? Can we copy the .dll over?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

​Which Quartus Edition are you using?

Can you share the project file?

Are you using multiplexer IP?

.dll issue may because of Quartus installation problem try to reinstall and check.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
WGith
Beginner
Quartus Prime Version 18.1.0 Build 222 9/21/2018 SJ Pro Edition. No patches installed. I don’t think I can share the project, but the device is the following: set_global_assignment -name DEVICE 1SG280HU2F50E2VGS1 We are using the Fixed Point Functions Intel FPGA IP and instantiating a 32 x 32 multipier. We have the same issue on two machines that separately downloaded the installation from the Intel website. Both run Windows 10 Pro. Thank you, --Will
0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

Thanks, We have successfully replicated the issue.dllerro.JPG

We will work around it and keep you posted on the status.

Appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Will,

We acknowledge this issue. I am confirmed that this bug was fixed in our internal release. Currently waiting for the next updates for next target release schedule.

Appreciate your patient on waiting. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Joseph

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JosephC_Intel

Hi Will,

Just to let you know the fix is finalized for both DSPIP_RECIPES.DLL (Window) and DSPIP_RECIPES.SO (Linux). The target release date for next Quartus version will be tentative around end of this year or early next years.

Please take note and this issue should be considered as closed at this point. Kindly continue to use this forums by opening up another new thread for more supports.

Thanks,

Joseph

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos