FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

DVI input and DVI output

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have the problem that I am using Altera cyclone III EPC3C120 Development board.The design example requires an Bitec HSMC Quad Video input daughter card. But I don't have it.Instead I am planning to use the Bitec HSMC DVI input/output daughter card for input and output. 

Can anyone help me with a sample design with DVI input and DVI output? 

Sneha
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I tried to run the code suggested by you but I am getting some errors.It is from the design example from http://www.bitec.ltd.uk/hsmc_dvi.html 

DVI 1080P Loop-through CIV  

This sof updates the EDID EEPROM on the HSMC DVI board to correctly report 1080P@60 

They are 

Error: Node instance "auto_inst" instantiates undefined entity "alt_vip_vfb_0_GN" 

Error: Quartus II Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 1 error, 802 warnings 

Error: Peak virtual memory: 346 megabytes 

Error: Processing ended: Mon Apr 04 11:12:36 2011 

Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:18 

Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:22 

Help please.. 

Rgds 

Sneha
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I also tried to run the design HSMC DVI 1080P SDRAM Loop-through Reference Design 

But I am facing these errors: 

Error: Node instance "auto_inst" instantiates undefined entity "my_alt_vip_vfb_top_GN" 

Error: Node instance "auto_inst" instantiates undefined entity "my_alt_vip_vfb_bot_GN" 

Can anyone explain what these errors mean?