FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

Ddr2 Sdram

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey Everyone. Please help me run RAM DDR2 SDRAM on DSP Development Broad CycloneII Ep2c35. Thank a lot.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

what is your problem? 

Luca
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! I have DSP Development Kit Cyclone II, But never use SDRAM of it and I hope everyone can help me use it. Thanks! "I'm sorry because English of my no Good".

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

don't worry for your english..I'm italian so also my english it isn't good! 

First of all you have to add to your system a ddr2 sdram controller within SOPC Builder (Under Memory and Memory Controller) then you have to insert the parameters and constraints to configure the controller. 

To choose these setting look for in the board installation directory on your pc, there you should find an example project who use the ddr2. Otherwise you can look for the setting on the Altera web site. 

I hope this help 

Best regards 

Luca
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks! Luca. I designing and If meet problem I'll ask everyone.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thanks! Luca. I designing and If meet problem I'll ask everyone. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi I am haveing the same problem, my english is also not good and I need to store values in the SDRAM memory in my DSP builder model. How can I do this??  

Any help is welcome 

thanks!! 

ismael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

don't worry for your english..I'm italian so also my english it isn't good! 

First of all you have to add to your system a ddr2 sdram controller within SOPC Builder (Under Memory and Memory Controller) then you have to insert the parameters and constraints to configure the controller. 

To choose these setting look for in the board installation directory on your pc, there you should find an example project who use the ddr2. Otherwise you can look for the setting on the Altera web site. 

I hope this help 

Best regards 

Luca 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello Luca, I also have to store some info in SDRAM, I need a 512kbx16 bits of memory. I was thinking on using a LUT or on-chip RAM memory howerver, when I compile it with the rest of the model it doesn't fit. So I would like to use a SDRAM to store the info. Can i do it using DSP builder??? if not sould you please let me know how to do it on SOPC (I am really new in all this stuufs of memories).  

I appreciate your helo Luca 

Thanks
0 Kudos