FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Dear Sir, just before 15 days we got ARRIA10GX development kit . 1.We connected bitec FMC HDMI connector RECEIVER sink to PC GPU GTX1050. and connected 4k tv to the transmitter side.

SDasa2
New Contributor I

when we loaded the precompiled sof file to the kit --- in nvide control panel its detecting the arria10gx card. but there is no display on source -4K TV.

we installed quartus prime 17.1 pro and the desing is

AN 776: Intel® Arria® 10 UHD Video Reference Design.

2. we have to use HDMI RX AND TX IP CODE DDR4 MEMORY WITH SOME LOGIC TO BE IMPLEMENTED IN THE CODE . I know vhdl language. not familiar verilog.

also not familiar with NIOS2 . SO FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR LOGIC 

WHICH IP CORES I HAVE TO USE .

pls give us the solution .

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SDasa2
New Contributor I
Hi Sir, I installed quartus19.3 prime pro version and while generating the example design THE WARNING MESSAGE CAME ABOUT NIOS 2 SOFTWARE CAN NOT BUILT. image attached. HDMI Intel® FPGA IP User Guide Updated for Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Suite: 19.3 in this datasheet page no 4 : related information arria10 gx example design link shows the following information on first page HDMI Intel® Arria 10 FPGA IP Design Example User Guide Updated for Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Suite: 18.1.. *I generated design example in 19.3 AND COMPILED * *1. which quarus prime version i have to instal ?* *2. compilation time is 40 minutes . how can we reduce compilation time? * *after loading sof file sink detection is not there .*

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hello, looks like you don't have permission to rd/wr to the target directory. Please check with your IT team on how to get the write access to the directory.

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Probably you have to open the nios command shell as administrator.

0 Kudos
SDasa2
New Contributor I
Thank you very much for ur support. I am getting error message while " run "
0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

See if the NIOS generating issue affected by this:

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/ip/2019/why-does-hdmi-intel--fpga-ip-design-example-do-not-generate-prog.html

By the way, your previous message seem broken and hard to understand. I think the reason is the image is missing. Please re-construct your message again so that I can understand your problem clearer. Thanks

0 Kudos