FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

Description of QSYS example design IP: PCIe DMA Controller 64/128 bit.

Waveform
Novice

Hello!

Please, help me with QSYS example design IP: PCIe DMA Controller 64 bit.

I need to make a simple DMA exchange between Arria10 (EP) and CPU (RC) onboard thru PCIe Gen3 x1 link. Because of x1 I couldn't use of PCIe internal DMA controller. So, I've found design example ep_g2x1_avmm64 with PCIe DMA Controller 64. The question is, where can I found description of control port slave registers of DMA Controller 64?

Of couse, I have source files of that IP, but maybe it is described somewhere.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Waveform
Novice

Mentioned example is not suitable for me, because I have only one x1 PCIe link. High performance embedded DMA controller doesn't support this case. I have found by my self appropriate example:

https://forums.intel.com/s/contentdocument/0690P000004pfl4QAA

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrey,

Presently we dont have any example with PCIe Gen3 x1.

Those links are for reference only.

You have change the parameters in IP's as per your requirements.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
PaulR1
Beginner

Hi Anand,

The links posted are no longer live, are there any descriptions of how to use these example systems.  I have the same issue as Andrey in that the PCIe Hard IP with DMA doesn't support the lower version (and number of lanes) of IP that my customer requires.   

I need to provide a PCIe Gen1x1 with DMA and am looking for the most suitable solution.   Where are these examples described so that I can modify or use correctly ?

Thanks and Best Rgds

Paul 

0 Kudos
scs-kno
Beginner

Any luck with the PCIe DMA Controller 64 (altera_avalon_dma_pci)?

PS: The DMA core is described in Embedded Peripherals IP User Guide in Chapter 30. Adapt TXS connections to read xor write from host memory to a destination.

0 Kudos