FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Design Store: "Arria 10 Scalable 10G Ethernet MAC+Native PHY with IEEE1588v2 Design" is missing ?

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hello,

I wantto get the A10 10GE + 1588 design example from below link ,

but the downloading stuff is broken, and Quartus cann't open it.

Where can I find it ?

https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/16.1.0/Standard/arria-10-scalable-10g-ethernet-macnative-phy-with-ieee1588v2-design/

Thanks in advance

/jet

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Edward_M_Intel

The document links in both the 16.0.2 and 16.10 have been updated to the correct document location.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI Jet,

I clicked the "download" button and able to download the reference design. (refer to attachment)

Can you try again ?

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

Thanks @DeshiL_Intel​ 

Maybe I don't make myself very clear in previous comment.

Yes the *par can be downloaded , but what I mean is " the *par cannot be opened successfully", it says "design template installation failed" !! I use "Quartus Prime 16.1 Standard Edition" .

As following pic. Thanks

quartus_design_install_fails.png

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi Jet,

Now I understand your problem. I can open the design.par file successfully from my Quartus v16.1

Looks like there is some issue with your Quartus design template. Have you tried to follow the instruction to launch and install design template as per the guideline in below reference design link

I am not sure whether you need internet connection for the proper installation or not but feel free to try it out.

Let me know if you have try out everything and still face design template installation issue then I will consult Intel software team to look into your issue.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

Thanks a lot @Deshi, after follow your suggestion to install design template, my Quartus 16.1 can create example project successfuly. I'm building it now.

BTY, another problem I found is : that document link of "Arria_10_Scalable_10G_Ethernet_MAC_NativePHY_IEEE1588v2_user_guide" points to an Irrelevant doc ( https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/uploads/5/52/BeMicroM10_Simple_PWM_Lab.pdf ). so where can I find the "Arria_10_Scalable_10G_Ethernet_MAC_NativePHY_IEEE1588v2_user_guide" ?

Thanks & Best Regards

0 Kudos
Edward_M_Intel

The document links in both the 16.0.2 and 16.10 have been updated to the correct document location.

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI Jet,

Great. It's good to know you are able to open the design now.

Ya, the doc link looks broken and connected to the wrong doc.

Let me feedback to Intel IT to see if we are able to find back the correct doc.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

@DeshiL_Intel​ ,

HI , Thanks a lot .

Since we need implement 1588V2 on A10SOC, so the document " "Arria_10_Scalable_10G_Ethernet_MAC_NativePHY_IEEE1588v2_user_guide" would be very helpful if it can be retrieved back.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Noted. I have filed investigation case to Intel IT department.

Will keep you posted on the update.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Alright, I can see that the doc link is fixed now.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi Jet,

I am setting this case to closure since Intel IT has fixed the doc link

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos