FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5884 Discussions

Design using TSE ethernet mac megafunction : Modelsim simulation issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I am using the Triple-Speed Ethernet MegaCore Function on my design. I've used the .cmp file generated to instanciate the core. When i want to simulate the design with modelsim (using my own testbench, NativeLink and modelsim-altera 10.1e starter edition) i get the following error :  

# ** Fatal: Error occurred in protected context.# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Protected: /top_tx_tb/dut_top_wrapper/u_bloc_mac/i_tse_fifoless_mac_0/U_TOP_XFIFO/genblk2/U_RGMII/the_rgmii_out1 File: nofile# FATAL ERROR while loading design 

does anyone knows how to fix it or where it comes from ?  

Thanks a lot in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

[EDIT] 

Acutally my modelsim-altera version is a starter version and (if I understand) can't simulate mix HDL language. And i am wrinting in vhdl and the TSE IP is writing in verilog.  

So i've added all altera libraries to my full modelsim version and when i want to simulate the IP i have the folloing errors :# ** Error: C:/Users/giol/Desktop/altera_cpt/bloc_mac_testbench/testbench_vhdl/bloc_mac_sim/bloc_mac.vhd(1056): (vopt-1130) Port "tx_egress_timestamp_request_valid" of entity "altera_eth_tse_fifoless_mac" is not in the component being instantiated. 

#  

# ** Error: C:/Users/giol/Desktop/altera_cpt/bloc_mac_testbench/testbench_vhdl/bloc_mac_sim/bloc_mac.vhd(1056): (vopt-1130) Port "tx_egress_timestamp_request_fingerprint" of entity "altera_eth_tse_fifoless_mac" is not in the component being instantiated. 

#  

# ** Error: C:/Users/giol/Desktop/altera_cpt/bloc_mac_testbench/testbench_vhdl/bloc_mac_sim/bloc_mac.vhd(1056): (vopt-1130) Port "tx_etstamp_ins_ctrl_ingress_timestamp_96b" of entity "altera_eth_tse_fifoless_mac" is not in the component being instantiated. 

#  

# ** Error: C:/Users/giol/Desktop/altera_cpt/bloc_mac_testbench/testbench_vhdl/bloc_mac_sim/bloc_mac.vhd(1056): (vopt-1130) Port "tx_etstamp_ins_ctrl_ingress_timestamp_64b" of entity "altera_eth_tse_fifoless_mac" is not in the component being instantiated. 

[...] and more  

To simulate i am using Quartus with NativeLink which create me a file.do that i'm using with modelsim. 

Do you have any ideas ?