FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

DisplayPort IP Core, is production license required for this IP, and where to obtain license?

cdholder
Beginner

Hello,

I am not 100% sure where to post this inquiry, but it was either FPGA Intellectual Property or FPGA Software Installation and Licensing

I am working on a design that will require a DisplayPort 1.2 driver port in order to use a monitor to interface with the Arm Processor onboard the HPS within the device we have picked out. According to the DisplayPort IP User Guide available on Intel's website:

"Some Intel FPGA IP cores require purchase of a separate license for production use"

I have a couple of questions on this statement.

1. What constitutes Production Use?
2. Where can I find a list of the IP Cores available, and whether or not each requires a license?
3. When we get to the production phase, where does one go to purchase a license if necessary? Is that done through the Quartus Software somewhere, or is there contact information for sales representatives that I can send to my POC in the department of my company that handles purchases?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. A full production license generates an unrestricted device programming files that you may use for an unlimited time. Different with Intel® FPGA IP Evaluation Mode, the Compiler only generates a time-limited device programming file (<project name> _time_limited.sof) that expires at the time limit.

Many Intel® FPGA software tools and intellectual property (IP) cores require a license file(production license) to operate. You could refer below to compare features between each of the latest editions available. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/programmable/quartus-prime/download.html under feature and support.

Please kindly contact your nearest Intel salesperson or distributor to purchase required licenses. Please find the contact for our sales and distributor from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html  

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos