FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

DisplayPort IP Example Design - VHDL

DZuck1
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to use Quartus Prime 17.0 to generate the DisplayPort IP Example Design for VHDL simulation.

I followed through the directions in the UG (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/archives/ug-dp-de-17-0.p...) to generate the example design and to simulate it in Aldec. The directions worked and I was able to run through the entire simulation in Aldec with minor edits to the simulation scripts. The only issue is that I asked Qsys for VHDL files but the testbench and top level design files generated were both Verilog.

I selected VHDL from the drop down menu. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the example design generator?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

I also realized same behavior, let me check internally with team & get back to you.

I could observe following two things which indicates that DisplayPort IP Example Design available only in Verilog HDL.

• check the Figure 2. & Table 1. from the link below

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/archives/ug-dp-de-17-0.p...

• check screenshot of Warning message during generation,

VHDL support.JPG

Regards,

Vikas Jathar

DZuck1
Novice

Hi Vikas,

It looks like Verilog is the only one supported based on Figure 2 and Table 1 but Table 21 says that VHDL is supported.

displayport2.JPG

Thanks,

Daniel

Vicky1
Employee

Hi Daniel,

Yes, It supports for vhdl & verilog but presently available in verilog only.

Regards,

Vikas