FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

DisplayPort

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

Normally the VESA mentions that the DP (with 4lines) is able to send 12-ppc YCbCr 4: 2: 2 (24 dpi) corresponding to 1920x1080p @ 120Hz  

I would like to know what will be the DTM (Display Monitor Timing) appropriate for it and the format of the video interface DP_Source (TX_VID_V, TX_VID_H,TX_VID_DE). 

The aim is to send a stream video from the Altera IP DisplayPort to the Altera IP HD-SDI. 

Thanks 

Regards, 

Hayder
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Afaik, SDI cannot do 120Hz. The Fastest format SDI is 3G-SDI (1080p @ 60Hz)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Tricky, 

I Have read the user guide of DP and the specification of VESA to be able to implement this IP in my own design. I was able to run the design simulation of altera with modelsim. 

After that I created my owne design (DP-Sink plus thiers PHY and XCVR). The compilation passe without any error. But when I started the simulation of this design I have many error.  

1- When I take a look into the DISPLAYPORT_02_run_msim_rtl_vhdl.do file I found that many file didn't compiled (exp: altera_dp_reconfig_ctrl.v) 

2- The DP_SIM folder hadn't the entire file (altera_dp_reconfig_ctrl.v, altera_dp_reset_delay, altera_dp_status_sync). 

I am wondring why the quartus messed to include this file in the simulation folder. 

Thanks
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I suggest raising a support request for help with specific cores.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to implement a converter of an DisplayPort-RX to HDSDI-TX. In the simulation the design has a good functionning but during the synthetise (Place and route) I got an error that told me that the design had HSSI PMA conflicts (The CALCLK must be driven by the same source). 

I am aware that the PHY-HDSDI and the PHY-DP have a different frequencies and I thought that the quartus will take this consideration to instantiate a different HSSI for each PHY. But when I got this error I am confiouse. and I thank one of the HSSI is used for RX Display and TX HDSDI and this way the conflit occurs.  

Now I am wondring if existe any special contraints to resolve this confilt ? 

thanks
ACont16
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to implement a converter of an DisplayPort-RX to 3DSDI-TX. Can you say me which ip core can i use?