FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Does m-alt-1g-10g-megacore (1G/10G) works on Cyclone 10 GX?

nanoupelec
Beginner

Hello,

Despite the 1G/10G megacore does not list the Cyclone 10 GX as supported, I wonder if it is really the case and if anyone has successfully used the m-alt-1g-10g-megacore on a cyclone 10 GX (10CX085 FPGA for instance) ? 

Thanks for any proper replies!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Yes, it is not available from the IP catalog. What you can select is the 1G/2.5G/5G/10G Multi-rate Ethernet PHY Intel FPGA IP.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
nanoupelec
Beginner

Hi SK,

The multirate unfortunately does not allow me to use 1000BASE-X and 10GBASE-R with the Cyclone 10 GX as the C10 GX device doesn't support  MGBASE-T PHY.

This is why I am asking specifically about the m-alt-1g-10g-megacore and not the multirate IP core (m-alt-10g-multirate-phy).
(FYI the multirate IP core works based on 10GBASE-R only making 1G withj 10x replication which is not the same than 1000BASE-X protocol) .

kind regards, Yannick 

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

Unfortunately, there seems like no alternative to instantiate the 1G/10g megacore since this is NOT supported for Cyclone 10.

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos