FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5918 Discussions

Does m-alt-1g-10g-megacore (1G/10G) works on Cyclone 10 GX?

nanoupelec
Beginner

Hello,

Despite the 1G/10G megacore does not list the Cyclone 10 GX as supported, I wonder if it is really the case and if anyone has successfully used the m-alt-1g-10g-megacore on a cyclone 10 GX (10CX085 FPGA for instance) ? 

Thanks for any proper replies!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Yes, it is not available from the IP catalog. What you can select is the 1G/2.5G/5G/10G Multi-rate Ethernet PHY Intel FPGA IP.

Regards -SK

nanoupelec
Beginner

Hi SK,

The multirate unfortunately does not allow me to use 1000BASE-X and 10GBASE-R with the Cyclone 10 GX as the C10 GX device doesn't support  MGBASE-T PHY.

This is why I am asking specifically about the m-alt-1g-10g-megacore and not the multirate IP core (m-alt-10g-multirate-phy).
(FYI the multirate IP core works based on 10GBASE-R only making 1G withj 10x replication which is not the same than 1000BASE-X protocol) .

kind regards, Yannick 

SengKok_L_Intel

Unfortunately, there seems like no alternative to instantiate the 1G/10g megacore since this is NOT supported for Cyclone 10.

SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.