FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Does the Mixer II IP support premultiplied pixel data?

OAust
Novice

Our overlay source only supports a premultiplied alpha format, ie. all colors are premultiplied with the alpha value (and divided by 255 for 8b color depth). The Mixer II module from the VIP suite does not seem to support this, is that correct? Any suggestions on how to work around this if the Mixer II does not support it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are inquiring about the support of premultiplied data by Mixer II IP. As I look into the VIP user guide, seems like I am unable to locate any specific information on the support of this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As for the workaround, sorry as I do not have much insight into potential workaround for this currently. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are inquiring about the support of premultiplied data by Mixer II IP. As I look into the VIP user guide, seems like I am unable to locate any specific information on the support of this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As for the workaround, sorry as I do not have much insight into potential workaround for this currently. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

OAust
Novice

Hi, thank you for confirming my suspicions. We will try to work around this in custom logic or find a different overlay source.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your understanding.

0 Kudos