Does the Stratix V part 5SGSED8K2F40I2LN meet the criteria for RoHS exemption 15a? It was originally put on the market using RoHS exemption 15, which expires soon.
Thank you for contacting Intel community.
I am checking the information regarding RoHS exemption 15a with our internal team, i will get back to you once i got the findings.
Thank you for your understanding.
Here is the new update regarding RoHS exemption 15a:
1. Intel issued ADV1828 pre-alerting customers of the plans related to ROHS 15 exemptions and the change to ROHS 15a. Please go to: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/pcn/adv1828.pdf
2. 5SGSED8K2F40I2LN is included in the ADV1828 parts list. This part meets the criteria for Ex15a, die size is >300mm2.
Ex 15a is good up to July 2021.
The fully leadfree version, with bump converted to leadfree is expected to be available starting this year.
3. Specific to ADV2002, this is ONLY a label content change. The ADV2002 is NOT a notification for ROHS compliance status or change in status.
Background of why we are removing the words "ROHS compliant"
- There are certain products (<300mm2 die, technology newer than 90nm) that will not meet Ex15a. Those are due to expire by end of Feb 2020.
- To prevent misrepresentation, we are removing the printing of "Rohs compliant" to accommodate products that by February will fall into two groups: ROHS compliant products and non-ROHS compliant (formerly ROHS compliant) products.
- Also, the barcode label is not the formal declaration of ROHS compliant, and is not required by the EU ROHS Directive.
Hope this will clarify. Please inform me if you need further information.