FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

Error evaluating 'PreSaveFcn' callback of Input AlteraBlockset block

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have installed the latest Quartus II with the DSP Builder, combined with the 64-bit version of MATLAB R2013a (8.1.0.604). The operating system is Ubuntu 12.04. As much as I can see, all building blocks from both Altera Blocksets seem to cause no problems, but the normal "Input" and "Output" blocks. These blocks, once added to the model, prevent me from saving the model with the following error: 

"An error occurred during a callback while saving '../matlab_documents/test4.slx'. The previously saved version of this file (if any) has not been changed.  

Error evaluating 'PreSaveFcn' callback of Input AlteraBlockset block (mask) 'test4/Input'.  

Error reported by S-function 'sInOut' in 'test4/Input': java.lang.NullPointerException at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.Model.getAbsoluteTestbenchPath(Unknown Source) at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.Model.getValidIOFile(Unknown Source) at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.Model.getSaltFileForBlock(Unknown Source) at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.blocks.IOBlock.getIOFile(Unknown Source) at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.blocks.IOBlock.getIOFileNames(Unknown Source) at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.blocks.IOBlock.access$000(Unknown Source) at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.blocks.IOBlock$IOBlockLibrary$1.eval(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl.call(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl._factor(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl._term(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl._expr3(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl._expr2(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl._expr(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl._cond(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl._root(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl._top(Unknown Source) at com.altera.etc.minieval.MiniEvalImpl.evaluate(Unknown Source) at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.Block.calculateExpressionParameters(Unknown Source) at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.Mask.init(Unknown Source)" 

Does anybody have an idea how to resolve this? 

Thanks in advance! 

PS: I've just realized that this happens only if I try to save the model in the .slx format. It doesn't occur if I use the .mdl extension instead.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem as you  

when i run the  

>> alt_dspbuilder_createComponentLibrary 

Error in block : Arria_II_GX_EP2AGX125_alteradspbuilder2/4-Bit DIP Switch 

Java exception occurred:  

com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.MaskInitialisationException: Exception in block 'Arria_II_GX_EP2AGX125_alteradspbuilder2/4-Bit DIP Switch'at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.Mask.init(Unknown Source) 

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerExceptionat com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.Model.getAbsoluteTestbenchPath(Unknown Source)at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.Model.getValidIOFile(Unknown Source)at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.Model.getSaltFileForBlock(Unknown Source)at com.altera.dspbuilder.simulation.blocks.IOBlock.getIOFile(Unknown Source)... 1 more 

An error occurred during a callback while saving 

'C:\altera\12.1sp1\quartus\dsp_builder\bin\mdllibrary\Arria_II_GX_EP2AGX125_alteradspbuilder2.slx'. 

The previously saved version of this file (if any) has not been changed. 

Error in save_system (line 38) 

throw(e); 

Error in 

C:\altera\12.1sp1\quartus\dsp_builder\bin\matlab\alt_dspbuilder_createComponentLibrary.p>alt_dspbuilder_createComponentLibrary 

(line 28)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try to save the model using the '.mdl' filename extension.

0 Kudos