FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5919 Discussions

Error when generating DE1_system SOPC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am working on MODULE 5 of the Embedded System Lab instruction v91 (November 2009, v 7.0) found in the Altera Wiki. 

I am using Quartus V10.1. I have installed the UP_IP_Library.  

I have completed the definition of the SOPC system for the DE1 as described in module 4 of the lab and the system was generated succesfully. 

When trying to compile the system, I get the following messages: 

Error: Node instance "auto_inst" instantiates undefined entity "cos_Approximator_GND3CNA6YR" 

Error: Node instance "auto_inst" instantiates undefined entity "de1_vga_dma_GN6XXUQOV3" 

Error: Node instance "auto_inst" instantiates undefined entity "phase_Generator_GN4TFERVBC" 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Happy new year every one
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi did u solve tthis error?? I get the same at Quartus II 9.1sp2, 10sp1, 10.1 and i don't know what's wrong. 

Error: Node instance "instance" instantiates undefined entity "cos_Approximator" Error: Node instance "instance" instantiates undefined entity "de1_vga_dma" Error: Node instance "instance" instantiates undefined entity "phase_Generator"  

Any one plz help us :)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello guys, I have the same kind of error messages that you have: 

Error: Node instance "alt_vip_cpr_0" instantiates undefined entity "alt_vip_cpr_GNIXHWNATI" 

Error: Node instance "alt_vip_crs_0" instantiates undefined entity "alt_vip_crs_GNWMDRIE35" 

Error: Node instance "alt_vip_csc_0" instantiates undefined entity "alt_vip_csc_GNRGF3FDX3" 

Did you solve this problem???? 

Thanks!