FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Ethernet MAC/PHY (LAN91C111) with Stratix II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everybody, 

I’m a French student in electronics engineering. 

I’m trying to use the Ethernet MAC/PHY (LAN91C111 device) IP with Nios II but I have some problems with the pins assignments in Quartus II software (v9.0). 

My board is a stratix ii with ep2s60f1020c3 FPGA. 

Can you tell me why I can’t find the System Control Bus pins T20, T21, T25, T26 and V26 indicated in the stratix ii dsp development board reference manual when I use the pin planner of Quartus for ep2s60f1020c3 FPGA? 

Can you tell me what other pins assignments I could make for these pins? 

Thanks in advance. 

Cordially, 

Samson Bossé.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Don't trust Altera's documentation for the pins assignments, it seems to be wrong (it's not the first time, unfortunately). 

Have a look at the schematics to find the correct pins instead. From what I'm seeing (I hope I found the correct schematic on the net), those are the correct assignments: 

[list][*]ENET_DATACS_N: AB24 instead of T20 

[*]ENET_IOCHRDY: AB25 instead of V26 

[*]ENET_LDEV_N: AA24 instead of T26 

[*]ENET_SRDY_N: AA23 instead of T25 

[*]ENET_W_R_N: AE27 instead of T21[/list] 

You should check all the other pins too, you never know what other mistakes they made in their documentation...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Don't trust Altera's documentation for the pins assignments, it seems to be wrong (it's not the first time, unfortunately). 

Have a look at the schematics to find the correct pins instead. From what I'm seeing (I hope I found the correct schematic on the net), those are the correct assignments: 

• ENET_DATACS_N: AB24 instead of T20 

• ENET_IOCHRDY: AB25 instead of V26 

• ENET_LDEV_N: AA24 instead of T26 

• ENET_SRDY_N: AA23 instead of T25 

• ENET_W_R_N: AE27 instead of T21
You should check all the other pins too, you never know what other mistakes they made in their documentation... 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks Daixiwen for answering so quickly but where have you found the schematic for EP2S60F1020 ??? 

I'm looking for it on the internet but I can't find it anywhere . 

Please send me the link or give me the file at "sbosse at isep.fr

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have a look at this page (http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-dsp-2s60.html). If it is indeed your board on the picture, you'll find the schematics in the table 2 at the bottom of the page.

0 Kudos