FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

FFT IP Core and Modelsim

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello! 

I'm trying to run the RTL simulation of a project which contains Altera FFT module. In Modelsim (spawned with the NativeLink), after pointing all libraries I still have an error: 

error: (vsim-3033) d:/workdir/@fpga/test/s2n_ram_eth_fourier_16_4/db/ip/fft1/submodules/fft1_fft_ii_0.sv(59): instantiation of 'asj_fft_si_se_so_b' failed. the design unit was not found. 

There are two versions of the missing 'asj_fft_si_se_so_b' file within the project, both encrypted and plain .vhd. For some reasons Modelsim still does not find it. Any help, please. 

Regards! 

Nick
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello! 

I'm trying to run the RTL simulation of a project which contains Altera FFT module. In Modelsim (spawned with the NativeLink), after pointing all libraries I still have an error: 

error: (vsim-3033) d:/workdir/@fpga/test/s2n_ram_eth_fourier_16_4/db/ip/fft1/submodules/fft1_fft_ii_0.sv(59): instantiation of 'asj_fft_si_se_so_b' failed. the design unit was not found. 

There are two versions of the missing 'asj_fft_si_se_so_b' file within the project, both encrypted and plain .vhd. For some reasons Modelsim still does not find it. Any help, please. 

Regards! 

Nick 

--- Quote End ---  

Modelsim will look at library of compiled units. It is likely a file source code exists but is not compiled if its path is wrong(by tool setup). I suggest you check path of [asi_ft_si_se_so_b] as declared in fft1_f_ii_0.sv
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Modelsim will look at library of compiled units. It is likely a file source code exists but is not compiled if its path is wrong(by tool setup). I suggest you check path of [asi_ft_si_se_so_b] as declared in fft1_f_ii_0.sv 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks for reply! 

fft1_f_ii_0.sv file does not have any path within [asi_ft_si_se_so_b] declaration. 

asj_fft_si_se_so_b# ( 

.device_family("cyclone iv e"), 

.nps(4096), 

.bfp(1), 

asj_fft_si_se_so_b_inst ( 

.clk(clk), 

.clk_ena(1'b1), 

.reset_n(reset_n), 

As I'm launching Modelsim via the Quartus, it sets the library for the FFT automatically. There are just 4 files in the FFT library set in Modelsim, no path to [asi_ft_si_se_so_b]. How can I fix paths?  

Regards! 

Nick
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In that case check a file with extension (.do or .tcl) generated by native link and search for missing file. This .do file decides which design files to compile before running vsim. It should be given a vcom statement pointing to its location. If that location is wrong then you can correct the line (vcom will also require library which could be work or any other library as per tool)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Got it working, thanks for you hints. 

I had to execute manually "Generate Simulator Script for IP" in Quartus, end then run the script in Modelsim. May be this had had to be obvious, but I thought Quartus would take care itself. There were several miss ups with paths, but correctable. 

Thanks again, 

Nick Jandieri.
0 Kudos