FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5875 Discussions

FFT Megacore source_valid problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello Altera Professionals!. 

I have a problem with FFT Megacore. 

My system:  

Quartus 11.1sp1 

ModelSim 10c 

Cyclone IV GX 150 

I'm use FFT core in two configurarions (two different instanses): 

1. Floating point FFT, Variable Streaming, 256 points,  

2. Floating point ifft (inverse FFT), 128 points - one half of FFT-256points result. 

I have a problem with inverse FFT. Using FFT Megacore Datasheet, I prepare SOP, EOP, source Ready (constantly '1'), sink_valid changes from '0' to '1' 

In waveforms my problem - IFFT MISS point number 126!!! (source_valid sets to '0' and rise to '1' next clk). WHY? I haven't any errors in FFT error interface. Please, help me 

When I must to deassert sink_valid signal? in rising or falling edge? Now I do it in same time with EOP on rising clk
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I don't see the reset_n signal in your simulation. You must operate this, otherwise you can not be sure of what goes on inside.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I'm making a project under the theme OFDM, but now I'm blocking Regarding the FFT block in Quartus II MegaCore 8.00 but if I can attack my FFT block a signal (NCO) just test output remains unchangeable (real and imaginary) and also I tried with the block of QAM but it does not work and thank you for your help????