FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6400 Discussions

FIR II ip simulation warning

Fuad1
Beginner

I’m using Intel Quartus prime lite edition and I’m getting the following frequent/multiple warnings when simulating the FIR II IP using Questa Intel starter FPGA edition:

Warning: NUMERIC_STD.TO_SIGNED: vector truncated

#    Time: 7750400 ns  Iteration: 1  Instance: /tb/DUT/FIR_I/DUC_FIR_ast_inst/real_passthrough/hpfircore_core

What could be the cause? I tried to apply the solution mentioned in the link below but I couldn’t locate the file:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000092740.html

Kindly, advise.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you please check once more in the path mentioned below.

<ip_variation_name>folder/altera_fir_compiler_ii_1911/sim/

Please let me know if you are still not able to find it.

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Fuad1
Beginner

Hi,

I searched the entire computer. The folder (altera_fir_compiler_ii_1911) and the file (hb1s_altera_fir_compiler_ii_1911_kmsq6ua_rtl_core.vhd) don't exist. There is a folder called (altera_fir_compiler_ii) in the path:

C:\intelFPGA_lite\22.1std\ip\altera\dsp

But it doesn't contain the file. Kindly, advise.

Regards,

Fuad 

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please share your official email ID. I will send the meeting invite and Let's resolve this.

Please share your time zone as well.

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Fuad1
Beginner
0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please share your project, I will have a look once and try to resolve. Please share the below details as well.

1) Which Operating system you are using?

2) Which Quartus Software version you are using?

3) Which device(OPN) you are targeting?

4)Which FPGA Development Tool you are using?

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Fuad1
Beginner

Hi K**bleep**ij,

Herewith the relevant project files. Open the project DUC and then RTL simulation and the simulation will run automatically then you will see the following multiple warnings printed in Questa:

# ** Warning: NUMERIC_STD.TO_SIGNED: vector truncated

#    Time: 5228800 ns  Iteration: 1  Instance: /tb/DUT/FIR_I/DUC_FIR_ast_inst/real_passthrough/hpfircore_core

# ** Warning: NUMERIC_STD.TO_SIGNED: vector truncated

#    Time: 5230080 ns  Iteration: 1  Instance: /tb/DUT/FIR_Q/DUC_FIR_ast_inst/real_passthrough/hpfircore_core

I’m using Quartus Prime Version 22.1std.0 Build 915 10/25/2022 SC Lite Edition and the operating system is windows 11. Kindly advise.

Regards,

Fuad

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The windows 11 OS supports starts from Intel Quartus Prime Design Software v22.3 and later versions. Please refer to the link for detailed info.

https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/os-support.html

And these warnings has already been fixed in Q22.4 and later versions.

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Fuad1
Beginner

Hi K**bleep**ij,

Correction: I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

I'm currently using Quartus Lite Edition so there is no Q22.4 or latter versions. The latest Lite version is 22.1.1 (according to Intel website). 

Is there a solution for the warnings in the Quartus Lite Edition? We are planning to upgrade to the pro edition but not at the moment.

Kindly advise.  

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I would suggest to move to Q22.4 pro edition or later version to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Fuad1
Beginner

Hi K**bleep**ij,

My personal Email is mentioned in this public case and I'm getting a lot of spams because of this. Is it possible to remove the part where my Email is mentioned?

Regards,

Fuad 

0 Kudos