FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5919 Discussions

FIR MegaCore Parameter Question

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to implement FIR MegaCore in my design, but I got confused about a parameter in the Mega Wizard. 

If I am using the interpolation feature, with a factor of 8, does that mean the input sample rate (in the next pane) 

is the original data input rate * interpolation factor? or I just input the original data rate? 

For example: My original input rate is 175 Kbps, and I want to upsample the input by 8 then filter it, do I enter 

175 Kbps as input sample rate? or I enter 175 Kbps * 8 = 1.4 Mbps?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I am trying to implement FIR MegaCore in my design, but I got confused about a parameter in the Mega Wizard. 

If I am using the interpolation feature, with a factor of 8, does that mean the input sample rate (in the next pane) 

is the original data input rate * interpolation factor? or I just input the original data rate? 

For example: My original input rate is 175 Kbps, and I want to upsample the input by 8 then filter it, do I enter 

175 Kbps as input sample rate? or I enter 175 Kbps * 8 = 1.4 Mbps? 

--- Quote End ---  

input rate should 175kbps 

Interpolation rate to be 8 

output rate leave it to the tool (8 * 175) 

clock rate needs to be entered somewhere
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks kaz, yes clock rate is in the same pane, mine is 50 MHz. I was just confused about input sample rate.