FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

FIR MegaCore Parameter Question

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to implement FIR MegaCore in my design, but I got confused about a parameter in the Mega Wizard. 

If I am using the interpolation feature, with a factor of 8, does that mean the input sample rate (in the next pane) 

is the original data input rate * interpolation factor? or I just input the original data rate? 

For example: My original input rate is 175 Kbps, and I want to upsample the input by 8 then filter it, do I enter 

175 Kbps as input sample rate? or I enter 175 Kbps * 8 = 1.4 Mbps?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I am trying to implement FIR MegaCore in my design, but I got confused about a parameter in the Mega Wizard. 

If I am using the interpolation feature, with a factor of 8, does that mean the input sample rate (in the next pane) 

is the original data input rate * interpolation factor? or I just input the original data rate? 

For example: My original input rate is 175 Kbps, and I want to upsample the input by 8 then filter it, do I enter 

175 Kbps as input sample rate? or I enter 175 Kbps * 8 = 1.4 Mbps? 

--- Quote End ---  

input rate should 175kbps 

Interpolation rate to be 8 

output rate leave it to the tool (8 * 175) 

clock rate needs to be entered somewhere
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks kaz, yes clock rate is in the same pane, mine is 50 MHz. I was just confused about input sample rate.

0 Kudos