FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

GMII (MARVELL) with TSE MAC-Telnet not connected

sRama28
Beginner

Hi

i want to use GMII communication 100MBPS in board .everything is going good but the problem is PC is note connect to board.

i have done:

PC IP :192.168.1.111

Board IP:192.168.1.110

port number:30

SUBNET and GATEWAY both values are same( like simple server.h)

disabled DHCP.

i connected board with ethenet cable.

but when i connected from telnet window like open 192.168.1.110 30

it is showing connection failed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I am not sure which FPGA and which board that you are trying to run your test here but you can always start with reference design.

Just search for "simple socket server" from below Intel FPGA design store for some reference design as guidance.

If reference design also failed then you can proceed to debug if something is wrong with TSE IP design using loopback check

• You can start with external loopback on the on board PHY chip if possible
  • After that you can test the loopback in TSE IP to slowly isolate where is the problem

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
sRama28
Beginner

Thanks Dlim

i am using MAX 10 plus board .i got sample code from terasic it is working properly which is configured as RGMII mode.but i want to change to MII (10/100 MBPS).

Q1. what are the changes i should do for that.please clarify........................

i have changed tse_my_system.c file

terasic file for RGMII:

alt_tse_system_info tse_mac_device[MAXNETS] = {

TSE_SYSTEM_EXT_MEM_NO_SHARED_FIFO(TSE_MAC, 0, SGDMA_TX, SGDMA_RX, TSE_PHY_AUTO_ADDRESS, &marvell_cfg_rgmii, DESCRIPTOR_MEMORY)

replaced marvell_cfg_rgmii to 0 like below

alt_tse_system_info tse_mac_device[MAXNETS] = {

TSE_SYSTEM_EXT_MEM_NO_SHARED_FIFO(TSE_MAC, 0, SGDMA_TX, SGDMA_RX, TSE_PHY_AUTO_ADDRESS, 0, DESCRIPTOR_MEMORY)

but PC is not connected to board via telnet .

Q2. i want change any setting in eclipse?

please help me.......

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

ok, I understand your issue now but since you are Terasic customer that purchased their Max 10 plus board and also using their reference design then I am afraid you posted the questions in the wrong Intel forum here since we are not familiar with Terasic design.

I suggest you to contact Terasic directly for their technical support via support@terasic.com.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos