FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Goal: 1GbE on Stratix 10 MX dev kit. With the Triple-Speed Ethernet IPcore (10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet MAC and 1000BASE-X/SGMII PCS with Optional PMA) the GXB option is not available in Intel Stratix 10 devices. How to get this done via QSFP?

AleCampla
New Contributor I

I am trying to setup a 1GbE communication between the Stratix10 MX DevKit and my machine.

I have already these two connectors available:

I thought it would have been possible to use the Triple-Speed Ethernet IPcore, with the setting : 10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet MAC and 1000BASE-X/SGMII PCS with Optional PMA.

But it looks like that the GXB option is not available in Intel Stratix 10 devices.

I am having a look now at the 1G/2.5G/5G/10G Multi-rate Ethernet PHY Intel FPGA IP. Maybe used together with again the Triple Speed Ethernet core (10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet MAC configuration).

I would like to understand if I am on the right path or not.

Maybe there are examples coming with the S10MX kit, but I was not able to find them, at least at this link.

Let me know if you have suggestions. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

We don't have the exact Ethernet 1G reference design for Stratix 10 MX dev kit board but we do have Ethernet 1G reference design for other Stratix 10 dev kit board as reference.

Triple-Speed Ethernet (TSE) IP is legacy IP we used to suppot 10M/100M/1G application that typically paired with RJ45 connector.

Likewise if your interest is more on using SFP connector then perhaps you can checkout the multirate PHY IP reference design instead of using TSE IP. This design is targeting S10 SI dev kit board

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
AleCampla
New Contributor I

Hi,

this actually was very useful!

Thanks a lot :)

Alessandra

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

You are welcome ! :)

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Alright, I will be setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos