FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

HOW CAN ONE TEST THE NCO USING "OpenCore Plus Hardware Evaluation feature"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to use NCO Megacore function of Altera. 

Earlier I have been using the .hexout file format to burn into the EPROM and hence to program the FPGA. 

as the "Warning: OpenCore Plus Hardware Evaluation feature is turned on for the following cores Warning: ""NCO" (6AF7_0014)" will use the OpenCore Plus Hardware Evaluation feature"  

So I cannot get the .hexout file from the compilationf of my NCO code. 

Would like to ask for the file format which I may be able to use in place of .hexout. 

I AM USINF ELNEC PROGRAMMER " BeeHive4+" 

Thanks for your time... 

.HARSH SOHAL
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you need a license to create anything other than an .sof with an OpenCore Plus IP core

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks a lot. 

But can you please help me know how can I use the .sof to program my FPGA 

some links to help resources will be a great help. 

looking firward. 

with thanks, 

HARSH
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

which Altera device are you targeting? i didn't take a look at your programmer until now, i don't know that it will work with any recent devices

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

we are using Cyclone III FPGA devices from aletra, actually it works well if I do not use the IP cores may be as I do not have the licenses to them right now.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is it useful? I'm think about using it so can u help me to choose?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

from my point of view its useful, can save you time while giving you flexibilty of choice, but still one can decide better looking into the price to be paid for. Which I am looking forward to know from my supplier after getting it tested on our system

0 Kudos