FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5946 Discussions

HPCII for DDR2 problem: Clock and initialization always low

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everybody. I ask some help for the use of HPCII. I am using this megafunction in full mode, with a ref clock for the pll of 125 mhz and an "out clock" for the memory of 167mhz. I have desabled the calibration (I see this advise in other threads) and with this option the functional simulation works. 

When I run the gate simulation (post fitting) nothing happened (both with "skip calibration" and "quick calibration"). The signal "local_init_done" stay always low and so the "mem_clk_p" (the clock for the memory) and the auxiliary "phy_clk". 

Does somebody has some solutions or advises? 

I am using the HPCII (with altmemphy) to control a DDR2 Micron MT47H32M16CC-3 x4 + MT47H32M8BP-3 x1 with a CycloneIII EP3C120F780C7 (mounted on the EVB ). 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tryed to use the HPCII with only one MT47H32M16CC-3 module, and all works fine, but if I use the megafunction with four MT47H32M16CC-3 modules and the MT47H32M8BP-3 module, the signal "local_init_done" is always low (I say it with the SignalTap). 

Could someone explain me what could be the problem? 

Thanks