FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

HW PCIe with GXBL1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all.  

1. Can I use Arria II GX HW pcie 4x core with GXBL1 (not GXBL0)? 

2. Can I connect pcie reff clock (100MHz) to GXBL0 but use this clock in GXBL1 block?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We are made own PCIe board. All DC/DC are from Altera KIT. Only one differents are chip EP2GX45DF29C5N not EP2GX125DF35C5NES at kit. And other different is PCIe connected to GXBL1 (fiber optics connected to GXBL0). But BIOS did't see our board.  

The KIT use gxbl0 and GXBL1 for PCIe. Could it be problem?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

if I understood you right your core has to do some Lane Reversal?! This is not supported in the PCI Express MegaCore Functions. You can take a look in the attached erata sheet. Maybe this helps you out.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

if I understood you right your core has to do some Lane Reversal?! This is not supported in the PCI Express MegaCore Functions. You can take a look in the attached erata sheet. Maybe this helps you out. 

--- Quote End ---  

The device EP2GX125DF35C5NES have a 3 GXB modules. Each GXB module have 4 lanes (4 rx and 4 rx). The KIT  

http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-aiigx-pcie.html 

use GXB0 and GXB1 for PCIE. The GXB0 for PCIe 1x and 4x. GXB0 and GXB1 for PCIe 8x.  

We made a board with EP2GX45DF29C5N. It have a 2 GXB modules. GXB0 and GXB1. We are connect GXB0 to four fiber optics transceivers. (it's worked good) and GXB1 to PCIe 4x. (it's did't worked at all (4x or 1x)). We don't use line reversal, polarity reversal etc. We have only one different. We are connect PCIe core to GXB1 module. Not to GXB0 as Altera kit.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera HW PCIe is not working with GXB1. But working with GXB0. I'm solder PCIe (1x) to GXB0 and it's work.  

Also. PCIe easy working via this  

http://77.87.39.155/dsc_3481.jpg 

without any problems.
0 Kudos