FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

Hello, "# Fatal error in Process MEMORY at C:/altera/12.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/../altera/vhdl/src/altera_mf/altera_mf.vhd line 39940". how to proceed? can you suggest a proper way to simulate my top level vhdl code?

JJame30
Beginner

I am working on interfacing Stratix 4 GX FPGA with DDR2. I used uniphy ip core in Megawizardpulgin tool. I got full files and i simulated example design with provided testbench (in modelsim). its working properly. But when I tried to simulate my top level vhdl code alone, some errors are comming.

"# Fatal error in Process MEMORY at C:/altera/12.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/../altera/vhdl/src/altera_mf/altera_mf.vhd line 39940".

how to proceed?

can you suggest a proper way to simulate my top level vhdl code?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kenny_Tan

What steps that you had use to simulate your DDR2?

Here is the steps for simulation DDR2 https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/external-memory/emi_debu...

JJame30
Beginner

Hello,

Currently we are doing a project which focus on SFPDP, DDR2, SATA

Tool: Quartus II(14.0), Modelsim (vhdl)

FPGA: Stratix 4 GX

We are planning to use ALTGX, ALTGX_RECONFIG, UNIPHY etc. mega functions for the development of the system. We would like to have proper guidance for doing this.

Can you provide 1-2 weeks hands on training on above mentioned IP cores? or the procedure for doing so.

Deshi_Intel

HI,

Thanks for your interest in using FPGA products but I also would like to share with you Stratix IV FPGA is a legacy product while Quartus v14.0 is too old, obsolete version.

My advice to you as below

• Sorry but I foresee it's unlikely to get any hands on training for legacy FPGA product. I propose to migrate to newer generation of FPGA product if possible like the 10th series FPGA family - Cyclone 10 GX for instance to get better technical support
  • Yet, if you still prefer Stratix IV FPGA then feel free to checkout below online training course (some are free, some are paid service)
  • https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/legacy.html
  • Or you can also google for the IP user guide doc as well
  • Another thing to take note is to upgrade to latest Quartus version if possible (v19.1 standard edition) as v14.0 is already obsolete.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim