FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

Hi, I'm using the SDI_II_Intel_FPGA IP in Quartus 18.1. Does Cyclone 10 support DUAL LINK HD SDI mode? Thanks

BIdro
New Contributor I

​I found in the IP's datasheet that CYCLONE 10 GX does not support the standard DUAL LINK HD-SDI, but in the support web page  ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/intellectual-property/ip/interface-protocols/m-alt-sdi.html ) it is explained that Cyclone 10 supports the standard DUAL LINK HD-SDI.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for highlighting this. As I understand it, you are observing discrepancy in term of support or not information between the user guide vs web. I can observe similar discrepancy when checking the latest 19.1 user guide vs web. For your information, I am currently consulting Factory to seek for further clarification. I will provide you an update on the progress by mid of next week or as soon as there is any valid finding.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Just to update you that I have managed to have discussion with Factory. For your information, it is recommended for you to refer to the user guide. The C10GX SDI II IP does not support the Dual Link HD SDI. I will feedback to our web team to update the web table accordingly. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believe the initial enquiry in this case has been addressed and I would set this case to close-pending at this moment. Thank you..

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it seems like you have reopened this case. Just would like to follow up with you if there is any further inquiries so that I could further assist you.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
BIdro
New Contributor I

Hi,

I understood.

​Thank you for the support.

0 Kudos
BIdro
New Contributor I

​Does Cyclone10 LP support HD-SDI Dual Link instead?

thank you

Bryan

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

As I understand it from the SDI II IP user guide, it seems like it does not support C10 LP devices. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
BIdro
New Contributor I

​Hi,

thank you for the support.

best regard.

Bryan

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

You are most welcome.

0 Kudos
BIdro
New Contributor I

​Hi,

I'm sorry but I have the last question.

Will an update(SDI_II_IP) be provided, that includes DUAL-LINK mode in Cyclone10 FPGAs?

Thank you.

Bryan

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Bryan,

For your information, I am not aware of any plan to include support of Dual-Link mode in C10 devices. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos