FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

How can i use use the intel dp_ram in my own architecture?

AGaru1
Beginner

Hi all,

I am new to Quartus. I generated a dp_ram and the folder dp_ram appeared. I am trying to use this module inside my own project. I noticed a .tcl script that is supposed to copy the necessary libraries into the modelsim working directory. I run it but the folders are empty. Also when i start the simulation it says:

# Loading work.dp_ram

# Loading work.dp_ram_ram_2port_2000_thizv3i

# ** Error: (vsim-3033) Instantiation of 'altera_syncram' failed. The design unit was not found.

#  Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /tb_top_v2/sw_packet_mng_u0/RX_SW_PCK_MNG/DUALP_RAM/ram_2port_0 File: C:/Designes/TRUEVIEW/VHDL/Sw_packet_manager/dp_ram/dp_ram_ram_2port_2000_thizv3i.v Line: 47

#     Searched libraries:

#       C:/Designes/TRUEVIEW/VHDL/work

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kenny_Tan

May I know are you using Standard ediiton or Pro ediiton? Are you using platform designer?

AGaru1
Beginner

Hi, i am using pro edition and not using platform designer.

Kenny_Tan

can you follow the example here?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/yur1496247032051.html

It provide a steps to steps basis on how to setup the simulation scripts.

Kenny_Tan

any update?