FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5890 Discussions

How to stop or cancel an “Read/Write AVMM DMA operation” after it begins ?

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hi Intel experts,

Sometimes I saw  Arria10  " PCIe AVMM DMA operation” would consume much more time than it's expected.  Such as in normal case, the DMA operation will consume around “+35us” to complete its Task in the Descriptor Table, while in rare exceptional case, the DMA will consume around "+3000us" (or above) to complete a similar task in Desc table, which will break down our System Timing.  

So I wonder whether there's any method to "Stop or Cancel" that current "exceptional" AVMM DMA operation, when we found it exceed EXPECTED duration. I check "AVMM User Guide", unfortnately found nothing about it.  

If any one has some suggestion, that's great appreciated.  Thanks a lot

@SengKok_L_Intel , please help if convenient, Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

One possible solution is to generate the Secondary Bus Reset from the host. It is available at the Bridge Control register Bit 6.

Regards -SK

JET60200
New Contributor I

" One possible solution is to generate the Secondary Bus Reset from the host. It is available at the Bridge Control register Bit 6. "

-> Hello @SengKok_L_Intel ,

Sorry for the delay ,  but which document describes the mentioned " Bridge Control Register "  ?  

Pls help to point it out,  so i could check it detailedly.  thanks

SengKok_L_Intel

You can search the "secondary bus reset" or "bridge control register" from the PCIe spec. 

JET60200
New Contributor I

Thanks @SengKok_L_Intel  for quick feedback,

I have no more questions on this ticket,  thanks for kindly support!

SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.