FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Hybrid Memory Cube Controller IP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I synthesized the example design for the HMCC with no errors. However, I cannot generate the programming files because my license does not support this IP ( ID# 115003 on Quartus 15.1 ). However, in the Altera tutorial, it seemed that this IP suppose to be supported on any standard licences. 

Please assist running this example code. 

Best, 

Sasha
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The HMCC requires an additional IP license. You can run it in OpenCore Plus mode, but you'll need a license to generate standalone programming files.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the quick reply.  

Could you please expand on the OpenCore Plus, can I download it, or does it come pre-installed in Quartus? 

It seems like I can evaluate the performance of the HMC with time limited programming, this is exactly what I need.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Search the Altera website. Opencore Plus is a function of unlicensed IP that allows you to evaluate it while connected to a board via JTAG.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

From what I read opencore plus is a feature that comes with the regular license, and automatically generates the programming files if IP not purchased. But it does not work for me. Any further suggestions?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I do have licenses and it says that opencore suppose to start automatically. But in my case, I get a warning that my licenses do not support this IP (HMCC) and opencore does not generate a time-limited assembly files.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Any other suggestions? 

Hope I can get help with Altera IP to run HMC controller.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Apparently some Arria 10 support opencore and other do not. But cant find a list which ones are which.

0 Kudos