FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Hyperlynx DDRx Batch Wizard - Channel Loss Calculation Tool

ConnorSousa
Beginner

Hello, 

I am attempting to fill IP parameters for an Arria 10 EMIF using a DDR4 LRDIMM, so I have followed the instructions at:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Wiki/Arria-10-EMIF-Simulation-Guidance/ta-p/735201

... from which I completed a Hyperlynx simulation which yielded a directory filled with simulation data (about 256MB worth). I have attempted to use the tool at:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Wiki/Calculating-Channel-Loss-from-DDRx-Batch-Wizard-Results/ta-p/735459

... to calculate the channel loss values. Has anyone used this tool/process in the past? I have had the spreadsheet tool running for 5 days 22 hours and it has yet to produce any results. I have attempted the calculation on several different computers, and they all appear to behave the same way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hello,

May I know if you can test the program with simulation result that has been attached in the thread?

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Wiki/Calculating-Channel-Loss-from-DDRx-Batch-Wizard-Results/ta-p/735459

Are you able to share the simulation data?

I want to replicate the issue on my side.

Thanks & Regards,

Adzim

0 Kudos
ConnorSousa
Beginner

I am able to run the program with the supplied simulation data - it takes just a second or so to finish.

Unfortunately, my simulation files are about 256MB which I cannot upload to this page. Do you know of a good alternate?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hello Connor,

I've sent an email to you.

Please let me know if you are not received it.

Regards,

Adzim

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi Connor,

I have received the file and tested it.

Every time I try to run the program, the error will pop up.

Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range.

Are you see similar error like above?

Can you provide the details of the environment that you used such as the Quartus version, Hyperlynx version?

Have you successful use the channel loss calculation tool before?

Regards,

Adzim

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi Connor,

May I know any feedback to previous comments?

Thanks.

-Adzim

0 Kudos
ConnorSousa
Beginner
Sorry, I believe I replied via email to the wrong destination...

I actually don't get any error codes when I try to run the script. The window simply goes "non responsive" but never comes to a full crash/error output.

• The only way Quartus could have affected this system is the IBIS model for our FPGA that was generated through Quartus.
  • I am using Hyperlynx BoardSim VX.2.3_Update2 [v2.3 build 10232589]
  • Microsoft Excel 2013 (32 bit I believe)
  • I was only able to use the channel loss calculation tool with the example data supplied with the intel community guide for simulation of Arria 10 DDR4 interfaces. I have not ran any other simulations to test the output.
Thanks
0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi Connor,

I'm using Microsoft Excel version 2202.

The is an error will popup when I running the program.

But you are able to run the example file provided that's means the software is okay.

From the EMIF Support page, the tool is only compatible with Mentor Graphic Hyperlynx Signal Integrity only.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/support-centers/emif-support.html

I'm not sure about the supported version for the software.

The software version for the generated report is "Software Version: v9.2 build 1794310"

By any chance, are you able to test with this version?

Thanks,

Adzim

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos