FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

I am using cyclone III FPGA with Quartus 10.0 spl software. In my design I am using ALTFP-DIV ( 32-bit single precision FP) mega-function. I want to simulate the IP that I generated. I couldn't see any simulation file. Please, can you help me to generate

TBaki
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

You can use the Quartus II NativeLink feature to automatically generate simulation files and scripts. 

You can refer to the document below for further information.Section "Running a Simulation (NativeLink Flow)", page 8.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/qts/qts_qii53025.pdf

Correct me if I am wrong. I checked that this version of Quartus II software will no longer be available after 6/26/2020. This version does not include the latest functional and security updates and will not be supported. All versions are provided as is. Intel recommends that users of this version uninstall and discontinue use as soon as possible. Users should upgrade to the latest available software version for their device and follow the technical recommendations to help improve security.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Don’t forget to Reply, and Select the Best Solution. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
TBaki
Beginner

I mean to say the simulation files of the generated IP core. Example, I generated MULTIPLIER for my design. I wanted the simulation files associated with the IP core to do simulation? rather than simulation netlist

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Unfortunately this is in Legacy Parameter Editor, you need to use the Quartus II Nativelink feature to automatically generate simulation files and scripts.

0 Kudos
TBaki
Beginner

I am using  ALTFP_MULT IP core. When I multiply dataa = 3 and datab =3, result is always 0. I am simulating this IP in Model-Sim Altera

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

The above question has been duplicate in forum case https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004eY7lS and the agent has provided guidance on this.

Any further inquiries regarding this, please refer to the above forum case. Thanks.

0 Kudos