FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

I see that HDMI IP core passed "HDMI Source/Sink Compliance Test CTS 2.0b" My questions: - Is there tests report? - What are the additional components I need to add on my PCB in order to pass the CTS?

ZStei
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi ZStei,

Intel FPGA don't own nor support compliance testing. Reason behind is HDMI IP is 3rd party support IP developed by our design partner - Bitec. Hence, HDMI IP is certified by Bitec and I am not sure about the detail.

I don't have the test report but I do can point you to the HDMI compliance certification in below link.

http://bitec-dsp.com/wp-content/uploads/Confirmation-of-HDMI-ATC-testing-of-Bitec-Spain-BITEC-HDMI-2.0a-IP-Core.pdf

Thanks.

Regards,

Dlim

0 Kudos
ZStei
Beginner

HDMI Design example and UHD reference designs requires using Bitec FMC rev4 or rev6 boards that have only re-driver on both Tx and Rx.

After talking to Bitec I understand that I need to use a re-timer on Rx HDMI.

Bitec FMC rev11 has a re-timer but it's not compatible with Intel reference designs.

Do you know what's the reason ?

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Intel HDMI reference design was older design developed in earlier day when Bitec FMC rev11 daughter card is not available yet.

Right now, you can generate Intel HDMI example design using latest Quartus v18.0. In the example design top level file, there is parameter control to select the revision control of Bitec FMC daughter card.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dlim ​

0 Kudos