FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

IO_STANDARD in Arria 10 2A Bank

Rk_Athram
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am creating pin planning for Arria 10ax057,

i used 2A Bank for GPIO with 1.8V my compilation was successful.

in other requirement i have to use LVDS pins, so i removed few GPIO's and taken few 13 sets of LVDS signals, and rest are 1.8V.

Now my fitter is giving error.

Error(11702): I/O standard assignment ' 1.8 V' to pin FPGA_IO43 is not supported by the device. The name ' 1.8 V' is not a valid I/O standard name

Rk_Athram_0-1630994099042.png

before using LVDS pins from the bank, i faced no issues

Queries:

1) In single bank can i use both LVDS and 1.8V ? If not suggest the document where i can find this information 

2)Is it only 2A bank, (as PCIe hard ip reset is used from 2A)  or it is same for all banks.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

How are you creating the assignment?  Pin Planner?  Assignment Editor?  It looks like there's a space in front of 1.8 V that probably shouldn't be there.

You can also try running I/O Assignment Analysis from the Processing menu or Pin Planner.  That might provide more detail on the issue.

AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

You can refer to this document to see the requirement for LVDS: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-10/a10_handbook.pd...

I would suggest to begin with page 101.

Thanks

Rk_Athram
New Contributor I

Thank you for reply.

as 2A bank is having configuration, and i used those as BIDIR . so it caused error.

when configuration pins ignored/taken as input to design  the issue is solved.

Regards,

Rajesh

AminT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.