FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

IP Licenses Availability

PDone
New Contributor I

I am using Quartus Prime Standard Edition. The IP Catalog has CIC and FIR II listed under DSP/FILTERS. Do I need to purchase a seperate licenses to use these or are they included under the Quartus License.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Based on my understanding, this license is included in Intel FPGA IP Base Suite that come free with purchase of a license for the Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition or Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition software. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/intellectual-property/design/ip-base-suite.html

0 Kudos
PDone
New Contributor I

Thx.  The Intel FPGA IP Base Suite includes the FIRII license but not the CIC.  Is CIC included?

0 Kudos
PDone
New Contributor I

I see that the FIR license is included with QUARTUS because  IP Base Suite is included. CIC is not in the  IP Base Suite. Is does come up when I run the IP Catalog.  Is it included in QUARTUS?  Is any IP that is listed when I run IP Catalog licensed in QUARTUS?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

The CIC is not included in Intel FPGA IP Base Suite.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

To be sure, user can check status in the Assembler report to determine whether the Intellectual Property (IP) is licensed or not. The assembler report is located in <Project directory>/Output_files/<project_name>.asm.rpt.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2019/how-do-i-determine-whether-the-intelectual-property--ip--that-i-.html?wapkw=6AF7_BCE1

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos