FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Intel Aria 10 PCIe SRIOV design

agula
New Contributor I

Hello All,

I am trying to develop a network acceleration application that needs to support 128 VFs. I'm using an Aria 10 board and have a working PCIe SRIOV design at the hardware level. I can use drivers to enable SRIOV Virtual Functions and can see them by using lpsci -d '1172:'. I would like to connect these Virtual Functions to network interfaces such as eth2 , eth3, eth4 etc. Do I need to manually add these interfaces somehow or should they automatically be recognized ?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

The VFs will be auto recognized by the system if you set it accordingly in the “SR-IOV System Setting” of the IP GUI.

0 Kudos
agula
New Contributor I
Hi,
Thanks for your response. Are you referring to platform designer system settings in Quartus, when building the IP system ? Currently the virtual functions are recognized using lspci. What I am interesting in knowing is do we need to develop the network stack drivers ourselves to integrate it into a network application?
0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

Yes, it is platform designer system in Quartus.

The host able to recognize the VFs because the FPGA PCIe IP already create the VFs. For sure, you need to develop the custom drivers based on your application needs. You may find the PCIe SR-IOV UG from this links.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_a10_pcie_sriov.pdf

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos