FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Intel Arria 10/cyclone 10 hard ip for PCI express generate example design failed

dsun01
New Contributor III

Dear Intel Expert, 

I opened a project downloaded from Intel. AN829, I have some trouble to run the simulation.  the problem is being reviewed by intel.

this is a related topic buy not the same one.  

in the AN829 project.  open the dut in the platform designer.  if I run Generate Example Design, it will show the following error.   I will create an empty project and see if it can create simulation environment. 

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
wchiah
Employee

Hi David,

As mentioned in the previous forum
https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/AN829-simulation-ran-but-failed/m-p/1415437#M26340

I am able to run full compilation based on the same .qar file provided by you (without modifying any parameter)

wchiah_1-1664331487516.png

So do you have time to try it again?

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dsun01
New Contributor III

AN829 is not a good example for newbie to start. create a new qsys from platform designer and generate simulation. at least it will run without errors. 

this thread closed by initiator. 

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi David,

Nice to see you again, I have been assigned to handle both cases created by you.

Please allow me to have more time to confirm the answer before getting back to you due to limited bandwidth.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi David,

As mentioned in the previous forum
https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/AN829-simulation-ran-but-failed/m-p/1415437#M26340

I am able to run full compilation based on the same .qar file provided by you (without modifying any parameter)

wchiah_1-1664331487516.png

So do you have time to try it again?

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

Hi Wchiah,

I don't have problem to compile it. I have trouble to run the simulation with the example testbench. 

I moved forward to the "Intel® Arria® 10 or Intel® Cyclone® 10 GX Avalon® Memory-Mapped (Avalon-MM) DMA Interface for PCI Express* Solutions User Guide"

I am going to follow the guide step by step, it will take a little more time, hope it will be a little smoother than the ANs.

Thank you for help, 

David

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi David,

No problem, please take your time.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi David,

As Idle is not recommend, So I wish to follow up with you on this case.

Do you have any further questions on this matter?

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos
wchiah
Employee

Hi David,

We have not hear from you and this Case is idling. It is not recommended to idle for too long.

Therefore following our support policy, I have to put this case in close status. My apologies if any inconvenience cause

Hence, This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

If you feel your support experience was less than a 9 or 10,

please allow me to correct it before closing or let me know the cause so that I may improve your future support experience.

Regards,

Wincent_Intel

0 Kudos