FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

LVDS SERDES

ymiler
Employee

Hi,

I have IP serdes in my FPGA (FPGA A) - 

This SERDES have connection with another FPGA (other board - FPGA B)

According to my project requirements - I should inject(output)  and get(input)  clocks from FPGA A to FPGA B

My question is : Should I place  both clocks (in & out ) in the dedicated pin clocks or maybe I should do it only for the  input clock ?

Thanks 

Yishay

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for the details. Output clock at FPGA A can be placed at any LVDS pair pins and input clock at FPGA B should be sufficient.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

There is not enough information about your design but as far as I understand you can put both in and out in the dedicated pin. I'd advise you to check on both conditions you mentioned to see which one works.

Thanks

ymiler
Employee

I drew a little VISIO that describe my design :

ymiler_0-1629014647726.png

My problem is :  Unlock / Lock indication is depend by FPGA loading

I wonder if the root cause is pin location -

My question is : Should I place  both clocks (in & out ) in the dedicated pin clocks or maybe I should do it only for the  input clock ?

Note : I dont have the option to locate input & output to SERDES pin dedicated clocks ( because board planning) 

Thanks

AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for the details. Output clock at FPGA A can be placed at any LVDS pair pins and input clock at FPGA B should be sufficient.

Thank you.

AminT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users

AminT_Intel
Employee

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.