FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Lancero IP Licensing post Intel take over

darktyr
Beginner

My company purchased a full Lancero License in 2012 (Before Altera was bought by Intel) and implemented firmware on an Arria 2 FPGA. Now those are becoming defunct and we are looking at moving that firmware to a Cyclone V (easiest firmware route I think, Quartus 13.1 should compile for both).

Before I had to insert the Lancero License into the Quartus license generated from Arria II dev kit . Now that isn't needed so I don't have a license file to insert the Lancero part into.

How do I get Quartus 13.1 to read my valid Lancero IP License?
Can a fake Quartus 13.1 license be made, so that I can insert the Lancero portion?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. May we know what you mean by full Lancero License? could you provide the license.dat file for further checking.

You can reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
darktyr
Beginner

Hi AabdRahman, 

My initial thought was that Lancero used to have device locked licenses, but my memory is very vague on this.

Attacking the .dat file in PM. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for your update. But we couldn’t open the attachment that you send. Could you re-attach again your file.

0 Kudos
darktyr
Beginner

I just sent the contents of the file in a PM. I am guessing I can't upload any form of file to these forums. 

Doing some looking around, my plan may not work. Quartus 13.1 web edition doesn't not support the largest Cyclone V GT variant located on the dev kit (DEV-5CGTD9N). At least that entire series of devices (9)  comes up with nothing in the device selection box. 

I have activate the license that comes with the dev kit. I will work on downloading a version of Quartus the supports the device present on the  DEV-5CGTD9N kit. 

I have submitted a request to Lancero for a compatible version of the encrypted source the will work with QSYS. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for PM and update. Just dropping by to check whether the license is working for you and if you have any follow up/questions from your end?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope all is well. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
darktyr
Beginner

Essentially, 

The license is locked to a version of Quartus (12.1 in this case) and will not work in other versions. So unless you can provide a place to download Quartus 12.1, the purchased IP is now useless.

0 Kudos